To learn more about our security products, please contact us today. Locksmith Guys proudly serves customers throughout New York, including the five boroughs and Long Island.
When it comes to securing your business, you may find yourself staring at a huge wall of options. If you’re wondering which lock is the best choice, ask yourself this question first: What area am I securing? Typically, each type of lock has an ideal function and place of use. Once you know what type of area you’re securing, the choice becomes easier. Here’s an overview of some of the most common lock types along with the rooms and areas they’re best used in to ensure high-security for your business.
Padlocks are the only type of lock that are not permanently fixed to something else, meaning you can use and re-use these locks anywhere that you want to move them. They are available in a very wide range of types and sizes, and today come with several different security features that allow you to operate them with keys, combinations, or both. In addition, they have options for what is called a “shrouded shackle” that raises the shoulders of the padlock up the sides to make it much more difficult for someone to breach the lock with bolt cutters.
The Best Places to Use Padlocks
- Gates: padlocks are a practical solution for any type of gate within your property.
- In Conjunction with a Chain: using a chain with a padlock allows you to secure equipment, motorcycles, bikes and more.
- Cabinets: cabinet locks tend to be unreliable. Use a padlock to secure your cabinet when you need and remove it when you don’t.
Deadbolts are a very common lock that people use in both commercial and residential buildings. They are often installed on external doors, and are designed to prevent forced entry by making the door more secure. Traditional deadbolts may not offer the best level of protection for a commercial application, so many business owners today have turned to high security deadbolts, which offer features like steel door frames and deadbolts make of hardened steel alloy that prevent forced entry.
The Best Places to Use Deadbolts
- Doors with Glass: double-sided deadbolts are ideal for doors with glass. Even if an intruder breaks the glass, they won’t be able to use the thumb-turn of a standard deadbolt.
- Doors Located Near Windows: if a burglar can took through a nearby window to check out your security measures, you want to be sure what they see discourages them. By installing a double-sided deadbolt, any potential burglar should be thrown off from invading your home.
Lever Handle Locks
Lever handle knobs are commonly used in businesses because the door handle can easily be pushed down (instead of turned like a traditional knob), so they are ADA accessible. This is a benefit for businesses that need to upgrade their locks to comply with local business regulations. They can also be easily adjusted for right-handed or left-handed use.
- The Best Places to Use Lever Handle Locks
Interior Doors: if you have an area that needs to be locked, but not necessarily protected against forced entry, this type of lock and handle is the best choice.
Cam locks rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise between 90-180 degrees. They’re available in different lengths and locking mechanism, so you can customize your lock for your use.
The Best Places to Use Cam Locks
Rim or Mortise Locks
Rim and mortise locks come in a large variety of options. The specific lock types vary based on the hardware they use, but are largely similar.
- The Best Places to Use Rim or Mortise Locks
- Commercial Doors
- Entry Doors with Glass
- Apartment Doors
The interchangeable core (IC) cylinders offer businesses an easy option for keeping their doors secure even if they have to change the locks frequently, such as when an employee quits and takes the key. These locks have the ability to be re-keyed easily by a mobile locksmith switching the core without doing anything to the actual door hardware, or taking the lock apart. They offer an easy upgrade function as well if you want to increase your building security. There are also other options that commercial owners might be interested in that offer higher levels of security than standard locks, or offer you the ability to offer access to certain people that work with you, while keeping others who are unauthorized to use the area out.
The Best Places to Use IC Cylinders
- Large Institutions or Businesses
Before deciding on a lock type, contact us about all your options to make sure you get the protection your business or home deserves. We’re happy to help answer any questions you may have about your commercial Locks!
We offer many products with features ranging from key control, high security deadbolts, as well as “intelligent keys.” To learn more about these products, give us a call today.
- Upgrading the doorknob and deadbolt on your front door is a cost-effective way of upgrading the curb appeal of your home and improving security.
- We provide complete locksmith services for any of your locksmith needs, including: car locksmith, residential locksmith, commercial locksmith and 24 hours emergency locksmith services.
- Locksmith Guys employs only professional technicians and carries high-end equipment. Our technicians are very knowledgable and have years of experience performing installations and repairs on any wood, metal or glass doors.
- Aside from our ability to help with all of your commercial/residential locksmithing needs, our locksmiths work efficiently. And, above all, we offer very competitive prices.
A Step By Step Guide: New Lock Installation
At Locksmith Guys Inc., we know that you are focused on running your business and can’t afford to doubt the security of your workplace. As such, we offer an extensive range of locksmith services for you to choose from, and our polite and helpful technicians are experts on a wide range of locking methods and key functionalities. Locksmith Guys offers high quality 24/7 locksmith services suited not only to your needs, but to your budget as well. Aside from locksmith services, we also offer other security services, including access control, camera systems and intercom systems. And, whether you are in need of installation, repair or even just maintenance to these functions, Locksmith Guys is your “one stop shop.” We guarantee your peace of mind, since our technicians check and test every system before it is approved. All in all, if you want high-quality and efficient service with competitive pricing, give us a call today!
Locksmith Guys combines an experienced approach to servicing doors with a comprehensive product stock from leading door and hardware brands. As a side note, our sister companies, Door Repair Brooklyn and Door Repair Queens offer commercial door repair as well as door installation. We highly recommend their services because like us, they employ only licensed and insured technicians. In addition, they offer service 7 days a week and will often troubleshoot your problems the same day. Most importantly, their service is exceptional and will leave your doors functioning for a long time coming at a price you’ll be happy with. If you have other sites outside of Manhattan, be sure give them a call today for any commercial door repair/installation needs!